Thank you for your interest in joining our Election Team, as a Citrus County Election Worker. Becoming an Election Worker is a very important decision and requires making a serious commitment to the Team. You must be able to attend an orientation session and, if hired, mandatory training classes. Election workers are paid for each election worked (Election Day) and for the hours worked, if employed at Early Vote sites (daily for up to 2 weeks prior to Election Day.) The amount paid depends on the position for which you are hired and the number of training classes attended. We use electronic poll books at all of our voting precincts, so it is important that you are comfortable with computers. We do, however, have a position that does not require computer use.
Also, an election worker is required to:
· be a registered voter in Citrus county
· be able to read and write the English language
· attend an orientation session
· pass a written exam
· attend all mandatory training classes if hired
· have reliable transportation
· be able to work at least 14 hours on Election Day (no shifts)
. have a valid email address and access to a computer/smartphone/tablet for online training
· be able to fulfill your schedule if hired for Early Voting
· be a responsible team-player
· make a serious commitment, if hired
The first step in joining our Team is to complete an application. After reading through the above information and feel you can meet the requirements, you may click here to access the application. Selecting 'Submit' will send the application directly to the Election Worker Department for processing, after which you will be notified of the date, time and location of the next orientation. If you have any questions, please call the Election Worker Department at 352-564-7114.